Tuesday, August 30, 2011

i basically copied and pasted this from my journal.

[ Just to let You all know what has happened after i graduated ]

i got accepted into the ONEchapel College [ http://onechapelcollege.com/ ] down in Austin, TX at the church one of the pastors from my church [ New Life Church ] started sometime last year. A few of my friends had moved down there to help with the ONEchapel church planting and i was sad to see them leave, but i knew that they we’re following the Lord’s plan for their lives. i remember watching them move on to follow God’s call without hesitation and being so envious that they knew the Lord’s voice and acted on it immediately. i had only hoped that i would be able to notice and do the same when i graduated.

^ Just a background for those of You who don’t know the history of ONEchapel or my relations to it.

 

i leave in eight days for ten months in a city that i’ve never been in and to live in a home of a family i’ve never met.

I CAN’T BE LIEVE I’M LEAVING HOME ALREADY.

i wasn’t planning on flying the nest until a year after i graduated so i could save up money and go to community college or university of some sort, but obviously the Lord had different plans! It’s so crazy to think that the Lord has had this planned [ for me to go to Austin ] for over a year now. Around the time everyone was leaving for ONEchapel, two different friends came to me and told me that they both had dreams about me moving down to Austin to be a part of ONEchapel. And after hearing that, i thought nothing of it. i thought they were crazy because i had no interest in that at all. i put that idea at the bottom of my list of things to do after high school, and look at where i am now; moving down there for ten months only three months after i graduated. It’s like this lady i was checking out at Target the other day,

“We make plans… and God laughs.”

i mean, how true is that?! We can plan and plan and plan all we want, but nothing we do is going to change the Lord’s will for our lives! i mean, we Christians have this mindset that God is our genie and we snap our fingers and say, “Hey, God, make my life super easy and get me into the college i want to go to so i can meet my husband, get married and have kids.” But uhhhh hello? God doesn’t work like that. WE serve HIM. HE doesn’t serve US. He’ll do whatever he dang well pleases with us. Sometimes when He doesn’t answer our prayers the way we want Him to, then we start to think that God wasn’t listening or that He is punishing us or He doesn’t care. IE; My dad had brain cancer when i was twelve. i remember praying all the time to God, “God, please just take the pain away. Give my dad peace, pleaseeeee.” Then my dad died. i was so angry. How could God do that to me? How could he do that to my dad? How could he just rip him out of my life like that? He didn’t even listen to my prayers! Well, Lea. What did You pray for? “No more pain. Peace.” The Lord answered Your prayers exactly. Not they way You wanted it, but in His own way. God took away my father’s pain forever and gave him eternal peace! That’s everything i could have asked for and more.

We have to trust that the Lord has everything planned out for us. That he only has the best for us in mind even though it may not seem like that at the time.

 

i dunno. i’m just thinking a lot about these things a lot lately…

 

Expect more blogs while i’m down in ATX. Smile i can’t wait to share with You what the Lord is doing. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment